Advanced alternative to cloud storage in Subsurface mobile

Tim Wootton tim at tee-jay.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 09:41:21 PST 2016

On 18/02/16 15:18, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 03:13:56PM +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I was thinking about adding a "advanced settings" to the cloud storage
>> credentials screen, were one could point the app to a local xml file, or
>> a local git repo. That way one can test the app without the need to push
>> data to the could storage first.
>>
>> Also, the mobile app is built with libgit2 with libssh support, so
>> adding support for using a alternative git url with a ssh key would be
>> really nice to.
>>
>> All the bits are basically already there, from the desktop app, so
>> getting this working in the mobile app would as usual just be a matter
>> of building a Qml ui for it.
>>

>> I'm currently out of a working laptop so I won't be implementing this
>> anytime soon, but just floating the idea here. Anyone against?
> This falls into the "I understand why you want this, but I don't want this
> in the app that will be in the app store" category.
>
> Yes, this is really useful for six people who know what they are doing.
I must be one of those 6 people, this turns out to be exactly the
feature  was waiting for. I'd like to be able to access my dives from my
home server on my mobile (over VPN when I'm away from home). I'd
resigned myself to the fact that the Andoid app wasn't going to be for
me because it only worked with the one anointed data store .

Hands up, who are the other five?