new beta and new alpha

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:36:00 PST 2016

On 21 February 2016 at 04:54, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I promoted the last alpha (-867) to beta to get it more widely tested.
> That's the one that should have the near-final UI and has all of the
> functionality that I expect to be in the first version of
> Subsurface-mobile.
>
> It does have one known stupid bug that I caused - when you edit several
> manually added dives, all of their samples (created by fake_dc() calls)
> point to the same static set of six samples. Oops.
>
> So there's also a new alpha -870 with an attempt to fix that.
>
> In order to get closer to something we can release, can I ask people to
> please test specifically adding dives and editing dives and tracking very
> carefully if the edits are tracked in the profiles and if the dive data
> that gets saved to the cloud ends up matching what was supposed to be
> there?
>
> And, of course, overall, try the menus, try all the options, see if you
> can make it break in creative ways.

I downloaded and tried 870, and created and edited five dives.  The dive
details I entered were saved, and uploaded to cloud, and it didn't do
anything silly.

A little bit of data validation would be nice.  One dive was to -20m,
another I was breathing 50/60, and another EAN120.  Unlikely a real user
would enter such values, so not worth holding up a release, but it'd be
nice to pick up on impossible values.

On one dive, I entered air temperature as 50F, but it was saved as 50C.
Entering depth as 60ft, it was correctly converted to 18.3m.  My locale is
metric.

When viewing the dive on the desktop app or cloud.subsurface-divelog.org,
the dodgy gasses were displayed as air, with "Odd gasmix: 1200 O2 0 He" on
the desktop terminal output.  The dive with negative depth was listed with
its negative depth on cloud.subsurface-divelog.org, but listed as 0m on the
desktop app.

I was a bit disappointed not to be able to delete my bogus dives from
Subsurface-mobile.  Would that be hard to implement?

Cheers,

Rick