looking for information

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 23 04:11:23 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 09:19:07AM +0100, Davide DB wrote:
> Looking back at my email I see I spent a godd effort to design this feature.
> It's a shame nobody found it interesting.

I continue to agree that this is something that I'd like to see
implemented. But I'm already the author of nearly half the commits since
4.5.0 was released (433 out of 878 according to git). So unless other
people step up and work on these things, it's not going to happen.

> In the meantime our loogbooks grow grow grow :)

They do. And soon you'll be able to do all these wonderful things on
Android. And yes, I prioritized Subsurface-mobile on Android ahead of the
statistics.

Finally, to respond to the implied question... Our experience with GSoC to
a) attract new developers who stick around and b) be a net positive when
it comes to contributions to Subsurface has not been great. The additional
work for me to administer the program and for the mentor for this project
would likely better be spend on us just working on Subsurface ourselves.

I know that's disappointing - we had a thread about this where some people
spoke up that they would like to see us sign up again (moot point by now
as the deadline to sign up has passed) - but none of the people suggesting
we should do this volunteered to then be a mentor...

/D