New Bug Reports/Feature Requests

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 23 14:52:24 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 01:55:28PM -0500, Richard Houser wrote:
> First off, I'd just like to say I thin Subsurface is an amazing piece of
> software and far superior to the proprietary crap manufacturers push out
> (kodos to you all), so please don't interpret this as a rant by any means.
> I would have submitted these tickets directly, but the email verification
> message still isn't coming through from the bug tracker.  If someone was to
> "validate" this same email that was already confirmed via the mailing list,
> I could submit these as tickets directly myself....

DiverMidMi
validation is pending with token NZb76Pp9

I just tried this with a test account and it worked fine but whatever,
enter the token above and it will work

> #1 Using 4.5.3 AppImage, I located a segfault on exporting to divelogs.de.
>
> Sequence:
> (a) I imported a dive from my computer and then added a location
> (b) I realized I added that location to the wrong dive and removed it, then
> saved
> (c) any divelogs.de export containing that dive causes a segfault
>
> Looking through the XML (which I no longer have - sorry!), it looked like
> the dive was still associated to a location in the top of the xml, but that
> entry had no location text.  Shutting down subsurface, deleting that
> particular id attribute on the dive and then restarting the application let
> me complete the export.  I would think the correct behavior when someone
> removes the location text from then Notes tab and saves would be to
> automatically remove the association with that site entirely.

It would have been very useful to see the broken XML file. I tried to
reproduce the result and can't.

> #2 The imperial tank sizes appear to have some issues going back to at
> least 4.4.2....

See other emails. There is no correct answer here. Just various degrees of
incorrect answers.

Simply create "MyAL80" with your "correct values and use that.

> #3 When I'm editing the cylinder sizes (and I assume all over the place
> elsewhere), I have to enter the tank type, then select the volume, then
> make the change, then click off somewhere else unrelated, then save.  If I
> leave off that second to last step, then save, it reverts to the old
> value.  I think that when a save is attempted, the equivalent field save
> action of clicking out should be done automatically in the background so
> the last change is not lost.

Agreed. If we figure out how to do that, we will.

> #4 Dives exported from subsurface to divelogs.de are now showing an
> additional 0.1lb more than what they show in subsurface.

Rounding error somewhere. Silly American pounds.

> #5 Feature Request: Any chance of getting a boat field added?
>
> I'm looking for something like we have for Buddy and Divemaster.  Captain
> (in some areas, they bounce around a lot between organizations) or dive
> operation/charter organization might be useful too.

Not likely. The UI is already very busy. Adding more fields won't help.
And interestingly a lot of new fields are asked for by exactly one person.
So thousands of users are then presented with a new field that only one
person wanted. You are, indeed, the first person to ask for a boat field.

> #6 Feature Request: Any chance of getting a SAC graph option?
>
> I think it would be useful to see where breathing went up, in particular
> paired with other events there, like timestamped photos and other trackable
> events.  In particular, on one of my recent dives, I added about 25-30lb of
> weight on the bottom.  It would be nice to see how much something like that
> acquisition or chasing an elusive lobster actually cost me in bottom time.

We have that. See other emails.