New Bug Reports/Feature Requests

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Feb 24 11:47:14 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:01 AM, Richard Houser <rick at divinesymphony.net> wrote:

> As an imperial tank user, it's just really confusing to have Subsurface
> reporting different cuft values than the tanks I'm using, even if the
> underlying conversion calculations are correct.

I don't understand. If you are using an AL80, you should have entered
it as AL80.

There's no "different cuft values than the tanks you are using".

You also may not be aware of the fact that you can actually specify
your own sizes. We have the default names for the default sizes, and
if you don't specify a name - but give us enough information to name
it - we will make up a name for you.

But you can actually just set the name and the size by hand. At least
that used to work. Maybe the tank model has broken at some point.

So you can add your *specific* cylinder type by editing the tank info
details completely. You should be able to (for example), specify your
cylinder by editing the cylinder information to be (take a Worthington
HP119 as an example):

 X8-119, 14.4l, 230bar

it's generally best to be in metric mode if you do this kind of
editing, but once you do that, subsurface now knows about "X8-119",
and fills in the rest for you.

Btw, I'm looking at our wet size calculations, and there are problems
there. Some of them are hidden because we end up doing the
compressibility thing only past 200 bar, so for most common cylinder
sizes there is no issue (or the correction is very small), but it does
look wrong.

                Linus