New Bug Reports/Feature Requests

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Feb 24 14:16:36 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Linus Torvalds

> So you can add your *specific* cylinder type by editing the tank info
> details completely. You should be able to (for example), specify your
> cylinder by editing the cylinder information to be (take a Worthington
> HP119 as an example):
>
>  X8-119, 14.4l, 230bar

Ugh. Testign this shows that particularly in imperial mode we're less
than graceful about adding new cylinder types.

I'm pretty sure it used to work better, but it's been ages since I
needed to add a specific cylinder, so it could have been this for a
long time. Probably the whole Qt timeframe.

>From some quick testing, bugs I found if you try to create a new
cylinder type in imperial mode:

 - During the editing of a manually added new dive, you don't seem to
be able to do it at all - only choose from the existing types

   This is an odd bug. I *can* edit the cylinder name in my real
dives. I'm not sure what the difference is.

 - if you pick an existing type without work-pressure (eg a 10 l
metric bottle), it shows that "10 l" wet-size in cubic feet (0.35
cuft). It should show it as 10 l because we don't have a workpressure,
and we just cannot convert to cuft at all.

So our cylinder editing is certainly not without fault.  I'll have to
think about this.

                 Linus