Add Weight Field To Print Log Page

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 03:52:34 PST 2016

On 26 February 2016 at 12:45, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 February 2016 at 12:02, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 26 February 2016 at 09:43, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>> Gehad, Lubomir,
>>>
>>> As the resident experts, can you comment?
>>
>> i just tested the latest master quickly and the printing of weights
>> and cylinders is indeed broken.
>>
>> Tomaz did some refactoring to moving the helper Dive class to
>> /subsurface-core/subsurface-qt/DiveObjectHelper.h, which could be the
>> cause as it was working before.
>>

> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2016-January/023912.html
> "if you modify the variables in any way let me know so that i can
> update the docs."
>
> and the variables are apparently modified...

actually Dirk, let me know if we want to NOT break the user interface
(Grantlee variables), compared to what the docs have.

two options:
1) go with the changes Tomaz did (break the documented variables) and
add support for printing all the weights and cylinders with something
like "dive.allWeights", or "dive.allCylinders", as TMK you cannot
print directly a QStringList from Grantlee (via dive.weights).

2) clutter the DiveObjectHelper with some weight0(), ... weightN()
methods as that's how the old document variables worked.

i have lost track of what version is currently released and if the
regression is already in the user hands!
also, i will be on IRC today if this has to be discussed further.

lubomit