Add Weight Field To Print Log Page

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:58:29 PST 2016

On 27 February 2016 at 00:24, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Both of the options you offer above sound like they have significany drawbacks, but I'd really
> like to know how this would look from a user's perspective.

the refactoring Tomaz did, introduced a minor regression in the
Grantlee variable syntax which is exposed to the user.
NOTE: the same applies to both weights and cylinders, but i'm going to
talk about weights (for the sake of example).

latest public release (i think?) has these:
- dive.weights used to print all weight details
- dive.weight1-N prints a single weight detail

master:
- dive.weights, should print all weight details again, but it doesn't
work for me
- dive.weight.1-N (notice the extra dot)

the options are simple: fix dive.weights and 1) use the new syntax for
1-N or 2) bring back the old syntax.
if we introduce the new syntax it has to be re-documented and it will
break at least for the user who originally requested the feature.

what is currently is master is much more tidy, code wise and if we
bring back the old syntax it will make the code less pretty.

lubomir