Add Weight Field To Print Log Page

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 12:53:35 PST 2016

On 27 February 2016 at 19:26, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 02:22:34PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> I think I'll add it with a warning message to change to the new behavior
>> when the user uses it the old way.
>
> I really don't like breaking user visible behavior like this, Tomaz.
>
> Can we pre-process the HTML files and replace the old syntax with the new
> one?

looking at the Grantlee API this might require more effort than adding
the extra DiveObjectHelper.h meta properties.

we are currently using Grantlee's Engine class to load the files
directly via loadByName().
subsurface/desktop-widgets/templatelayout.cpp -> TemplateLayout::generate()
http://www.grantlee.org/apidox/classGrantlee_1_1Engine.html#ac09320491850cd400b49778e9933da8e

the alternative to construct a Template object seems to be loading the
files manually (e.g. via QFile) and then calling
Engine::newTemplate(), where the input can be processed with some
QString::replace() calls (e.g. dive.weight1 -> dive.weights.1") to
solve the variable breakage.

this is prone to unexpected errors as we enter untested territory of
the Grantlee API, at least by me.
but the benefits of this are quite good as we add a pre-processing
stage over the HTML template and don't inflate the DiveObjectHelper
with the extra overhead.

still, i would go with the DiveObjectHelper.h meta properties to be on
the safe side.

lubomir