latest Android apk

Stephen Hemminger stephen at networkplumber.org
Sun Jan 3 21:35:05 PST 2016

I installed the daily build on my Nexus 9. And found some glitches.

The biggest one was a repeatable crash. This happens with the sequence:
 1. Install APK and open
 2. Login to Cloud
 3. Dive list displayed and dives can be viewed.
 4. Use the Navigation bar to go back to Android main screen
 5. Use the square navigation button to display applications, then swipe to
shutdown subsurface.
 6. Restart subsurface
     List of dives comes back
 7. Try and open dive... crash

Another minor bug, is that if the cloud password is not entered correctly
on the initial setup,
the program just jumps back to setup screen with no error message.

A cosmetic glitch is that there is some symbol with two squares and a x
inside a circle at the bottom of many
screens. Haven't seen this with other apps, and it doesn't seem to do
anything.

A couple of enhancements or things I expect were missing (most of these
were mentioned
before).
 A. Would be good to have standard menu accessed by triple bar in top left
corner
 B. Swiping is a little counter-intuitive. My expectation was that simple
swipe would scroll
      through dives. The only swipe that did anything was swipe left from
dive went back to dive list.
 C. Pinch zoom on dive profile would be great, my dives are mostly
uninteresting, but would be nice
     to look at smaller segments.