QML learning curve

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 4 02:49:38 PST 2016

On Sunday, January 03, 2016 11:00:31 AM Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >     public slots:                       // I get compilation error:
> >"undefined reference to vtable for MessageClass" Huh??
> How about adding a constructor? Maybe that helps. This is one of those
> completely incomprehensible C++ error messages that the C++ fanboys keep
> saying makes "perfect sense".

That's actually usually caused by forgetting to include the .moc file in the
cpp file, at the end. So add

#include "main.moc"

You may have to split into header and implementation for that, but I'm pretty
sure the error is related to moc not generating the Q_OBJECT code around it.

I don't have much time to comment on the other things right now, but will try
to make some subsurface time later.

Cheers,
--
sebas