latest Android apk

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 5 07:53:46 PST 2016

> On Jan 5, 2016, at 7:20 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On Monday, January 04, 2016 09:49:40 PM Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Jan 4, 2016 21:40, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>> But, if I may say so, I think this is getting better and better. :-)
>>
>> The current version looks good, I agree.
>>
>> The one thing I find myself always looking for is some way to go to
>> next/previous dive without going back to the dive list. That's what I
>> initially thought that odd "action button" was for.
>
> I have a half-assed patch to make it possible to swipe left/right to move to
> the next/previous dive. Something got in between, then something else, ... I
> know there are some interaction problems looming, but will need to be tried
> first.

I'll be happy to take a half assed patch so we can start playing with it.
The interaction issue will likely be with the drawers as those currently open
if you swipe across the border. So we already run into this as a swipe right
gets you back from detail view to dive list - but if you start the swipe past
the edge you get the global drawer instead

> I'm right now quite swamped with work-work, administration-work, and looking
> into a real solution for the black icon bug. Moving between dives (be it by
> swiping or otherwise)  is on my list, and will at least be tried as soon as I
> find time.

So in our research the black icon bug turned out to be a bad interaction with
the GLES implementation on some devices. That's why I just turned off the
shader / gamma.

>> Oh, and why is the dive list scrolling so slow? When I "flick" on the dive
>> list, it scrolls like some octogenarian grandma. Not at all the quick
>> scroll that you get from everything else (eg web browser windows etc). It's
>> very "sedate".
>
> I haven't noticed that. I can have another look at the most recent version.

Yes, sliding is very sedate. If you start really fast it follows your finger,
but the moment your finger lifts it slllooowwwwsssss down

>> But on the whole the mobile version is really looking pretty good now.
>
> Nice. I'm struggling with the build right now, so can't really test.

Let me help you with that. I'm on IRC

> Dirk, could you add sebasje at gmail.com (my google alter ego) to the beta
> testers, so I can at least follow what's going on?

Done. You need to go to this link to opt in
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile <https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile>
then you get a link to the play store. It usually takes a few hours before the
latest shows  up there. It's likely quicker to just side load the latest APK
from http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily <http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily> -- I always post the
same binary that is in the play store there as well as Subsurface-mobile*-release-arm.apk