Yet more progress on Subsurface-mobile

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 07:32:12 PST 2016

On Wednesday, January 06, 2016 07:26:33 AM Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:31:03PM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:
> >

> > A great set of updates there.  Most noticeable improvement I notice is
> > accelerating the scrolling.  Much snappier.  I was curious about imperial
> > units, but that's hidden from me, which I far rather than it being imposed
> > upon me.
> >

> > I noticed a couple of oddities.  Please read these as results of testing,
> > not complaints.
>
>    I don't think this caveat is necessary. Well, let's say it shouldn't be
>
> > The context menu now takes up 90% of the width of the screen.  It's an
> > improvement over being too small to see, but is there a reason to make it
> > so wide?  Is there an easy way to change it without editing the line in
> > mobilecomponents/ContextDrawer.qml?
>
> I guess you must have a lot of context
> Yeah, the sizing of the drawers is a bit squirrly it seems.

Rick had sent me a patch to improve the width, but before reapplying, I saw
the the drawer is ... let's say ... not too narrow anymore, so I postponed
that. It's on my list to look into. :)

> > When entering cloud credentials, the page is hidden when I select either
> > the email or password boxes.  It reappears after typing in text and
> > hitting
> > 'done' on the on-screen keyboard.  This was working before.
>
> That's not good. I didn't test this on a device - it was past midnight
> when I pushed the changes and contrary to Sebastian I try to get to bed
> before 4am since the alarm goes off at 6am...

I'll look at the patch Rick sent me to fix this.

Very useful feedback!
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org