Question about the android app

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 7 13:22:28 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 09:24:54PM +0100, Martin Fuhr wrote:
> Hello subsurface-team,
>
> with the change from Aladdin Air Z Nitrox to Galileo Sol there was also a change from an old version of wlog (runing on my old windows xp netbook) to the newest version of subsurface. I like this type of logbook software on my vista machine and via sync on my linux machine.
> I have a question about the android support app:
> Is it possible to use the app for more then saving the current GPS data??? It would be a great benefit for me to read my divecomputer, editing older dives and sync to the "cloud" on location... (in the same way like the desktop version)

We are well on our way working on a completely new Android app.

In its current state it allows you to

a) connect to the cloud storage to access your dive list
b) edit dives in that list
c) manually add dives to that list
d) record and apply GPS fixes

The one thing on your wish list we don't have, yet, is directly
downloading from dive computers. We have plans to add that, but so far
none of the developers have had the time to implement and test that.

That said... Galileo Sol is iRDA based, correct? That will never be
supported on Android, isn't supported on Mac and Windows 10. So that may
not be a great choice if downloading to the Android device is what you
want to be able to do. Our current expectation is that we'll be able to
support BT based dive computers and some dive computers that have download
mechanisms that are based on FTDI chips (e.g. the OSTC dive computers).

Hope this helps