progress on Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 11 06:20:24 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:39:54AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 11-01-16 07:50, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >Please give it a try. New dailies are up (and should make their way through the play store, soon). I'd really love it if people started experimenting with this in a more structured manner and especially started filing bugs when they run into things that are not working as they should.
>
> Opened 2 issues on the bug-tracker.
>
> Before I get carried away and file more issues ... can you tell something
> more about the intended functionality of the GPS stuff? For example, my
> divelog contains numerous (old) GPS fixes, up to now mostly made with the
> companion app, and sometimes manual edit of coordinates on the desktop. I
> see the underlined sitename on mobile, and clicking indeed shows the map on
> the right spot. Nice :-) However, my "List of stored GPS fixes" on mobile is
> empty, and the log data tells "0 GPS fixes". Is just confuses me.

Did you go to GPS->Download GPS data on Subsurface-mobile to download the
fixes from the server? we don't do this by default.
Also, when you do this, is the email address that you used for signing up
for the old GPS webservice the same as the one you use for the cloud
storage? We magically derive your web service userid (that massively long
string) from your email address - but if they are different we can't do
that.