preferences and settings for Subsurface-mobile

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:48:35 PST 2016

On 11 January 2016 at 15:30, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> When testing Subsurface-mobile Jan noticed something rather important that
> I of course "kinda sorta" knew, but had forgotten to follow up on. In
> Subsurface-mobile you get the default setting for all our numerous
> preferences on how the UI looks. There's no way I want to reproduce the
> convoluted, complicated preferences screen on the mobile app - that just
> seems way to overwhelming (it's overwhelming on the desktop app quite
> frankly.
>
> A few seem easy. For legacy reasons the color choice of our fearless
> former leader are still the default - so the dive computer reported
> ceiling is shown in "surface" color (beige) instead of in red. I'll
> happily make the executive decision to switch that default to being red
> :-)

 That explains it, I wondered why the DC ceiling not where red
when I could get the calculated ceiling painted nicely green.

> But what about things like calculated ceiling. Various partial pressures.
> The tank bar. Should we make those preferences on the mobile device?
> Should we do the same we do for the units and just carry over the
> preferences from the last time you saved things on the desktop
> application?

Due to the small screen size it might be wise to be a bit restrictive to
begin with.
That means only displaying things that are reported from the majority of
dive computers.

I have played a bit with displaying other things than the default set,
and most are broken in some way or another. For example the text for the
tank bar
is not aligned vertically with the graphical element.

Once we add option we need to add all liked objects, for the calculated
ceiling that means
we also have to add deco algorithm and GF settings.

> Opinions?
>
> /D

//Jocke