progress on Subsurface-mobile

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 11 07:29:09 PST 2016

On 11-01-16 15:20, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:39:54AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
>> Before I get carried away and file more issues ... can you tell something
>> more about the intended functionality of the GPS stuff? For example, my
>> divelog contains numerous (old) GPS fixes, up to now mostly made with the
>> companion app, and sometimes manual edit of coordinates on the desktop. I
>> see the underlined sitename on mobile, and clicking indeed shows the map on
>> the right spot. Nice :-) However, my "List of stored GPS fixes" on mobile is
>> empty, and the log data tells "0 GPS fixes". Is just confuses me.
> Did you go to GPS->Download GPS data on Subsurface-mobile to download the
> fixes from the server? we don't do this by default.
> Also, when you do this, is the email address that you used for signing up
> for the old GPS webservice the same as the one you use for the cloud
> storage? We magically derive your web service userid (that massively long
> string) from your email address - but if they are different we can't do
> that.

1) Yes, I did go to download the GPS fixes on ssrf-mobile. I assumed
that it would download from the cloud data (ie. the divelog) and not
from the companion app data. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups
:-) Will the companion app be discontinued when the full mobile app goes
live?

2) Different email address. Thats it. It does not seem possible to
change the email address for the webservice (companion app) data, to
align the 2 things again.

best,

--jan