preferences and settings for Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 11 09:25:13 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 05:44:44PM +0100, Robert Helling wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> > On 11.01.2016, at 16:16, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > Postpone anything that's not critically important? It can be discussed now,
> > but if we don't freeze the feature set at some point, we won't be able to do a
> > decent beta.
>

> that’s easy to argue against: People have expectations from the desktop
> program. If features fall very short from that then poeple will be
> disappointed. I would rather spend more time and come up with a better
> experience.

That is not my experience TBH. People have been begging for alpha version
access. And I want to be very careful NOT to set the expectation that this
is the desktop app running on a phone. That's why I insisted on a
different name. Because next thing we know the chorus will start again "we
need the planner", "we need dive site management", "we need..."

And the answer is HECK NO.

That is not a project I'm interested in doing or maintaining.