preferences and settings for Subsurface-mobile

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jan 11 09:31:13 PST 2016

On 11/01/2016 18:41, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,

> My personal choice is always in favour of richer features so I would
> be pro settings sharing with desktop and if that is not what happening
> turning on as many features of the profile as possible as long as the
> view does not get obstructed but I know there are other opinions.
>
> Best
> Robert

May I add a few personal opinions, and they are really preferences.

1) The righthand drawer (currently housing the lonesome Edit icon) is
wide open to use without requiring extra screen estate. In this drawer
can come many things currently on Desktop, e.g.
a) delete dive
b) remove dive from trip
c) create trip above
And there are several more on the Desktop dive list context menu. All
these settings or actions are dive-related and would logically belong in
that drawer and would be fantastic to organise the dive list.

2) There is certainly an option of a button in the right-hand drawer
that switches the calculated ceiling on or off. For me the calculated
ceiling has been an indispensable addition to my dc for evaluating a
particular dive and to plan the following dive. I lug my laptop into the
field and after each deep or a long dive I use the ceiling to help make
a decision about the following dive. If one can have this functionality
on a phone that would make life much easier not having to lug a laptop
(not that my current DC would be able to download onto Android).

3) Moving between the profile pages of different dives. The system that
Sebastian proposes is fully implemented in GMail Android and it works
perfectly. But in Subsurface, on the dive list, the movement between
dives on the dive list is vertical. It would therefore be more intuitive
to move vertically among the profile screens of different dives. That
said, with GMail one moves between emails on the list in a vertical way
and swipe between the contents of different emails in a horizontal way.

Kind regards,
wilem