Subsurface mobile test

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jan 11 11:45:01 PST 2016

On 11/01/2016 20:08, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> And the bug should be fixed. New apk is on daily and should make it
> through the play store in the next few hours.
>
> Thanks for the report and for helping me figure out what's wrong.
>
> /D

Looked at the GPS section again, much, much better. Tested:
1) Download GPS fixes. ok.

2) Show GPS fixes. This is much better but still not foolproof. If I
scroll down, at about 80% of the 131 coordinates, the program freezes
and Android kills it. I did this a few times and its repeatable.

3) GPS-tag dives. Yay, it worked! But see 5) below.

4) Upload GPS data. Took about 10 minutes to do that. But my Internet
speed test only shows 4.5 MB/s at the moment. maybe ok. NO its NOT ok.
If I look in the app log, there are many, many message saying: INTERNAL
SERVER ERROR. See attached screenshot, screens and screens of it. In
fact at the end the log is truncated and does not go all the way to the
last GPS fix.(see attached screenshot).

4a. I am not quite ready to clear my GPS cache unless its easy to back
up the cache.

5) Display of locations. The very last dive is about 2.5 km from the
true location, over land. All the other dives have much better precision
but are a little out. Since I have no way of seeing the coordinates on
the very last dive (list does not scroll; coordinates not given on
profile screen), its difficult to determine the source of error. As far
as I am aware I was never even close to the location shown on GMap,
therefore unlikely choice of wrong coordinates from cache. Would help if
the coordinates applied and their date/time are printed somewhere so
that one can backcheck. App log?

May I again express my extreme satisfaction at the reorganisation of the
location treatment on Mobile, this makes one huge difference.

Kind regards,
willem