pre beta test subsurface-mobile 655

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 14 13:05:47 PST 2016

Rick,

On 14-01-16 21:56, Rick Walsh wrote:

> Jan,
>
> On 14 Jan 2016 19:52, "Jan Mulder" <jlmulder at xs4all.nl
> <mailto:jlmulder at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
> >
> > Tried the latest (655) version ( from google play) and I am getting
> very different results on 3 android devices.
> >
> > 1) 5" phone, android 5.1.1, cyanogenmod 12.1 (very latest daily).
> >
> > - entering cloud credentials and loading cloud data works correctly
> > - same session, immediate SIGSEGV follows. Only with phone in
> portrait orientation. This is reproducible, and got introduced last
> week with the big modifications (swiping details and the code
> simplification set). Obviously, I can provide logcat when interested.
>
> Please do save and post the logcat.

I opened a ticket for this, including the 2 logcat fragments. One for
portrait orientation for the device (which seg-faults), and one for
landscape  orientation. See http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/992

> After that, try uninstalling the app before reinstalling. A few weeks
> ago I was having the app crash all over the place, but it only
> happened if it was upgraded/installed on top of an existing
> installation. I'm interested to see if you're experiencing the same
> thing. Hopefully we can work out when and why this occurs and work out
> how to prevent it.

When I am tryin code modifications, I normally push the new apk using
adb. So this is not al full new install. However, the things I am
describing here are a full un-install and a new install.

best,

--jan