Interested in contributing to Surbsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 17 10:13:00 PST 2016

Hi Nges,

Thanks for your response!
Subsurface indeed started out as a Gtk project a little over four years ago.
But we migrated away from Gtk and rewrote the UI in Qt in 2013...

As I said in my initial response - I love to see new contributors, but the best
contributions come from people with a good reason to contribute. Many of
our contributors are people who want to use the software - so divers. Some
others contribute because they love a particular technology (like Qt or in your
case Gtk) or because they love the community that we have built and like
writing software that is useful to people.

You are more than welcome to join the team - but please understand that
if you are attracted by the use of Gtk... then Subsurface is no longer the
right project for you as we no longer use Gtk.

/D