Interested in contributing to Surbsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 18 12:46:01 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 01:57:26PM +0100, Nges B wrote:
> Sorry for my late reply.
> Thanks for welcoming me into the organization.
> I have heard you am am still interested in working with the
> organization. I have also used Qt and will as well like to work with
> it.
> Now that I have good information about the organization . please can
> you help me with directives on where to start or what to do next?
> I will love to work with you .
> Thanks for your time.

Please do not send private responses unless this really is a personal
issue between you and me. There are many more people on the mailing list
who might respond long before I have time to do so.

If you are interested in contributing I suggest that you read the
documentation available on our website, especially
https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/contributing/
and familiarize yourself with building Subsurface.

https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/building/ is a place to start
but that is more geared towards the latest public release - it might be
better to start by cloning the git repository for Subsurface (that's
explained at the website above) and then read the file subsurface/INSTALL
and follow the instructions given.