pre beta test subsurface-mobile 675

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 19 13:06:11 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 09:50:10PM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:

> >I don't get a crash in portrait mode (are you still getting it?),
>
> When you are on the latest master, you will have the fix from Dirk for the
> crash described by me. So that one is fixed. Even without the fix of
> tonight, not everybody was seeing this crash.

Yes, I think my fix deals with the crash - I haven't been able to provoke
it since I added that (which of course doesn't prove anything).

> >but if I start in landscape, the splash screen hangs and nothing happens.
> >Using Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 5.1.1).
>
> I see exactly the same. Not checked the logcat yet.

Don't bother, I believe that's fixed in latest master and the .680 APK
which is available on dailes right now and in Google Play within the next
few hours.

> In fact, I am hunting
> down a next SIGSEGV, but I am not sure how to recreate it (yet).

Please say it ain't so... I was getting so happy with the progress...

> Yes, currently (latest master) I am able to start in landscape mode (of a 5"
> phone), but only with a little trick. Start landscape, wait a little (for it
> to hang, that is), rotate to portrait, hide the app (not close it), show the
> app again, and the divelist is shown. Somehow, this passes the "screen
> freeze".
>
> I am not sure when this landscape "difficult start" was introduced. I do not
> recall a specific moment/built. Is starts just fine in landscape on a 10"
> tablet.

See above. This should be fixed.