pre beta test subsurface-mobile 683

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 20 02:39:03 PST 2016

List,

after the very nice progress of yesterday, a new round of testing. This
time focusing on a new SIGSEGV, unfortunately, even more obscure than
the previous one.

1) 5" phone, android 5.1.1, cyanogenmod 12.1 (very latest daily).

The only one that shows the SIGSEGV. More details below.

2) 4" phone, android 5.1.1, cyanogenmod 12.1 (but not very recent).

Tested for the crash both the -683 from Google Play (so built with Qt
5.6), as well as a self built, using Qt 5.5. Both versions run just
fine, and i cannot force it into the crash I am investigating.

3) 10" tablet, android 4.1.2

Same as 2), but only the Google Play tested. No crash.

So, back to device 1)

Tested for the crash both the -683 from Google Play (so built with Qt
5.6), as well as a self built, using Qt 5.5. Crash behavior is
identical, so I do not suspect a recent Qt problem or fix. Divelist is
shown correctly, clicking the first (newest) dive, and the divedetails
are shown, right swipe trough the divedetails of consecutive dives works
(not "perfectly", as already mentioned somewhere, this list or IRC, it
hicks at approx 75% of the next divedetails). From this, I conclude that
it (the crash) is not something specific about one or more dives. Now
restart the app, just to be sure to have a clean state, divelist is
shown, and select the 3rd or 4rd dive from the top. I get an instant
SIGSEGV for this. A small fragment from the tombstone:

backtrace:
     #00 pc 00254214  /data/app/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile-1/lib/arm/libQt5Gui.so
     #01 pc 00254d41  /data/app/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile-1/lib/arm/libQt5Gui.so
     #02 pc 00256927  /data/app/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile-1/lib/arm/libQt5Gui.so (QGridLayoutEngine::ensureColumnAndRowData(QGridLayoutRowData*, QGridLayoutBox*, double const*, double const*, Qt::Orientation, QAbstractLayoutStyleInfo const*) const+222)
     #03 pc 00256be5  /data/app/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile-1/lib/arm/libQt5Gui.so (QGridLayoutEngine::sizeHint(Qt::SizeHint, QSizeF const&, QAbstractLayoutStyleInfo const*) const+604)
     #04 pc 0000893f  /data/data/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile/qt-reserved-files/qml/QtQuick/Layouts/libqquicklayoutsplugin.so

Obviously, reproducible and as I said ... very obscure and not clearly
pointing to an obvious piece of Sursurface-mobile code.

I am not opening a ticket at this point, but any one comfortable with
analyzing tombstone data ... just ask.

best,

--jan