Subsurface mobile bug report

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 24 09:54:59 PST 2016

> On Jan 24, 2016, at 5:41 AM, tauchen at mateng.de wrote:
>
> Device: HTC One M8 (android 6.12.111.4)
> Subsurface mobile: 4.5.2.701
>
> Device: ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (android 4.6.1)
> Subsurface mobile: 4.5.2.701
>
> Summary for both devices:

>>> Ungrouped dives between two trips have their own empty headline, right?!?
>
>> Yes, that's how it currently works out. Not sure what else to do to separate them from dives in trips.
>
> Is it possible to disable any headlines if there are empty and/or change the background color for grouped dives???

If I disable the headlines then the dive looks like it's part of the previous group.
Giving it a different background color might work - not exactly intuitive, but having
a mix of grouped and non-grouped dives always stuck me as odd. In my dive list
everything is in groups - some groups have just one dive in them.

But we've had this discussion in the context of the desktop app before and I know
that there are other divers who have usage scenarios where this doesn't work.

>>> After syncing the cloud storage via app I´m back in the app on dive #001
>>> and not on the latest dive or the latest edit dive. So after syncing I
>>> have to scroll up all the time to the latest dive.
>
>> I'm confused, could you try to explain a bit better? The dive list should
> be sorted by date
>
> The dive list is correctly sorted by date and time.
> My example for both display orientations:
> I'm in the dive list and select dive #299 to enter the dive profile/detail site.
> Slide back to dive list dive #299 is selected >> OK
>
> Enter and leave edit mode without changes.
> Slide back to dive list dive #299 is selected >> OK
>
> Enter edit mode and leave with changes but without saving.
> Slide back to dive list dive #299 is selected >> OK
>
> Enter and leave edit mode after change and saving.
> Slide back to dive list dive #1 is selected >> that's the "problem" I'm talking about.

Ahh. I know why that happens. Now I need to figure out how to fix it :-/