QtCreator problem?

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Jan 26 08:47:23 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> On 26/01/2016 17:23, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
>> The name downloadmanager.cpp could indicate a number of different things -
>> I know that you were planning to create the model for dive computer
>> vendors and models separately; that should go into qt-models.
>> desktop-widgets should only contain code that's exclusively used in the
>> desktop app, similarly qt-mobile for Subsurface-mobile.
>> subsurface-core is intended for core functionality, qt-models for models,
>> etc.
>>
> At this stage I am doing surgery, cutting out useful code from the main
> Subsurface code, putting this in a "separate class" that is, in turn,
> implemented by
> the main Subsurface code to build the desktop version. Once this is done
> and the desktop version builds & works ok, I will approach this separate
> class from the QML side, writing a QML-oriented C++ adapter that
> implements the new above class (i.e. methods extracted from the main code).
> In this way the existing code can operate more or less as always, but
> with some methods accessible from QML. Hope this makes sense at all?
> Schematically:
> QML <-- Adapter <-- Separate Class --> Main_Subsurface_Code

Separate Class should also be the Adapter to QML

SeparateClass -> QML
              |------- > Widget

This is what I'm trying to do with a lot of code that I'm seeing on the
Mobile version ATM.

I may merge the two middle classes into a single class but at the moment