Pretty disaster on 734

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 27 06:31:01 PST 2016

It's once again the width. Some random change fixed it. The next random change breaks it. I still have not the slightest idea what the right way is to make sure that the page fits on the screen. I have wasted a complete weekend trying to figure out how QML might decide on the width to use. TBH, I think what we do right now is completely broken because it all relies on the components figuring out their own size. But I'm being told that this is how it's supposed to be.

We are all just poking at this without really understanding what's what. Quite frustrating.

/D