Android app -755

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jan 29 06:01:05 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 09:11:26AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 29-01-16 08:00, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >Anyway, I'd appreciate a fresh round of testing. This should close a
> >number of outstanding bugs.
> >
> >And I'm sure I have successfully added a few new ones in return :-)
>
> A very quick test (on 1 5" device, running Android 6.0.1). Look pretty solid
> to me. Some observations:
>
> 1) Manual add dive, cancel the add, and the dive shows up in the divelist.
> Without ever touching the save button. Luckily it is gone after re-starting
> the app.

Yes, and I know exactly why. The change to avoid re-reading all the dives
(which caused the app to render every single profile) caused this. I'll
fix that.

> 2) Swiping trough the dives I still sometimes get an empty profile.

Yes, I had that yesterday. I believe this is caused by our somewhat
asynchronous way of drawing the profile. Basically when you we set the
dive, all we do is we tell the profile which dive it is supposed to draw.
Then the profile "draws itself". Which is really nice and all in the
desktop app because you don't need to worry about it. But in
Subsurface-mobile we then paint the profile to a pixmap and show that
pixmap. And if we do that before the profile was finished rearranging
itself, we paint an empty pixmap. Or sometimes one that has only part of
the depth / time grid drawn.

I keep thinking of a way to avoid this - but as it works "most of the
time" it hasn't bubbled to my top priorities, yet.

> 3) After 5 minutes of clicking and swiping I ran into a SIGSEGV. One thing,

I assume you don't have a stack trace for that, do you?

> I thing, that is very useful for an open beta is making sure that the
> profile does only renders (and computes) the things we want. I believe that
> this crash is coming from profile drawing, but cannot pinpoint at this
> moment.

I'm not sure what you mean by "only renders (and computes) the things we
want". Can you explain a bit more?

> Sizing of DiveDetails is ok on my device.

Good.