Crash Mobile build 758 on Android 5.1.1

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:06:56 PST 2016

On 31 Jan 2016 06:53, "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 January 2016 at 21:10, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> > Reloading the same app and version from the daily builds makes no
> > difference. Here is a tiny bit more
> > information upon very first startup it goes through the user
verification
> > process and then,
> > while loading the dive log, it crashes. Upon restart it crashes during
> > initial loading.
>
> if the stacktrace is even remotely related to the subsurface qml
> codebase, i would look for the problematic GridLayout in one of the
> following components (instantiated in main.qml):
> (note: i can't build / test the mobile version)
>
> ./CloudCredentials.qml
> ./DiveDetailsEdit.qml
> ./DiveDetailsView.qml
> ./DownloadFromDiveComputer.qml
> ./GpsList.qml
> ./Preferences.qml
> ./ThemeTest.qml
>
> it could be one of these components that has a line of code that
> confuses the Qt GUI stack.

So pretty much any of the qml files.

Willem, do you have a working Android build environment? Can you try
disabling these pages one at a time in main.qml and see if you can narrow
it to one culprit?

> > Something else. When I installed the app from the Play
> > Store, I got a message that the installation was not successful. Have no
> > idea what that means.
>
> i have no idea how the google play submission system works.
>

> > Unfortunately I wiped out all the older versions of Subsurface-mobile
and
> > they are not
> > accessible any more on the daily builds.
>
> if someone has a set of previous builds it would be best for him / her
> to send them to you.
> you should then start clean-installing each one going backwards from
> the problematic build until it works.

I download the daily apks with reasonable frequency and rarely delete them.
I have 755, 743, 727, 720, 701, 693, ...525

I could send them on dropbox to you. Or Dirk might have the full set of
apks just waiting to be moved into an old-daily directory on his web server.

> once you have a working build XXX we should look for the commit that
broke it.
> the commit i have mentioned previously (9bc7ef7567ba) is the last
> commit that modifies GridLayout related code.
>
> this procedure, of course, is the offspring of the fact that debugging
> Qt on Android is apparently *a bit involving*.
> i strongly encourage debug verbose outputs that reach logcat in the lines
of:
> >> subsurface: credentials entered
> >> subsurface: divelist loaded
> >> ???
> *** SIGSEGV
>
> ^ hmm, a stage was not reached then it must be component X failing.

They're not making it easy for us are they?