Android app -755

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 30 12:46:40 PST 2016

On 30-01-16 21:07, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>>> is there some sort of a consistency in the crash location - dive #,
>>> sequence of events etc?
>>> can this be reproduced on each run?
> waiting on Jan to respond so that we can have a better guess.

I have seen this "pow() crash" once, and I have not been able to
reproduce (despite trying). So, at this point in time, I suggest not to
give this one a high priority. Especially given the very weird stack
trace. That said, I can also not reproduce the crash as reported by
Willem (on 5.1.1 and 6.0.1).

>>> a SIGSEGV inside pow() is plain odd.
Fully agree on this.

> the main problem with the mobile version crash reports ATM seems to be
> not so useful backtraces.
It is a little hit and miss. Sometimes the crash stacks are pointing in
the right direction, but, for example, this "pow crash" is extremely
difficult to judge.

> a verbose build of the mobile version that shows a bunch of print() /
> console.log() message is going to be very useful. it would be then much easier to narrow down problematic stages.
Sure this would help, but there is a lot a closely related QT and QML
stuff that is a little suspicious, and the execution path of QML is not
cristal clear for most of us (and I am afraid that this is a strong
understatement). So even console-logging is not straightforward to
interpret.

best.

--jan