Crash Mobile build 758 on Android 5.1.1

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jan 31 01:54:33 PST 2016

On 31/01/2016 10:49, Rick Walsh wrote:

> On 31 January 2016 at 19:37, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
> <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
>
>     Rick,  unfortunately both of the two experimental builds crash on
>     my phone.
>     Kind regards
>     Willem
>
> That's not all bad - it should mean that the splash screen isn't the
> problem.
>
> I've created and uploaded another, subsurface-mobile-e9e843d.apk
>
> This should be one commit after 675 (you last good one).  So if it
> doesn't work e9e843d should be the offending commit, it it works,
> f466ee6 will be the problem.
>
> I've also created one for 1030cb2, which should be the same as 675,
> but built on my machine.  Please test it if e9e843d fails.
>
> Rick
>
>     On 31 Jan 2016 07:37, "Rick Walsh" <rickmwalsh at gmail.com
>     <mailto:rickmwalsh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On 31 January 2016 at 15:23, Willem Ferguson
>         <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
>         <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
>
>             On 31/01/2016 06:04, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>>             These are the builds that I tried:
>>
>>             525 ok
>>             675 ok
>>
>             680 crashes
>

>         If my sums are correct, that tracks it to one of:
>         15a0141 QML UI: Don't explicitly set width of GridLayout items
>         88101e4 QML UI: don't shorten the buttons
>         04e994b Subsurface-mobile on Android: change the splash screen
>         methodology
>         f466ee6 Don't blindly copy a pointer to the heap
>         e9e843d Close edit drawer when current dive changes
>
>         I struggle to make sense of the logcat.  Does the splash
>         screen display for you?  If not, it might have been caused by
>         04e994b 'Subsurface-mobile on Android: change the splash
>         screen methodology'
>
>         I created packages for 04e994b and f466ee6, and uploaded them
>         to the same link.  Can you test them?  As I created them,
>         they're signed with a debug key, rather than Dirk's key, and
>         built with qt5.5.1 (not 5.6 that Dirk uses).
>         Cheers,
>
>         Rick

Rick, puzzling results. 675 definitely work (did that twice to eliminate
finger trouble). 1030cb2 does NOT work (also tested twice). The other
two, (e9e843 & f466ee6) consequently also do not work. The program
starts up, shows splash screen, goes through email/password protocol,
spends quite a bit of time loading the log from the cloud, and then
crashes, consistent with the suspicion that this deals with the
gridlayout involved in displaying the dive list. Do not understand why
675 works and 1030cb2 not.
Kind regards,
willem.