Crash Mobile build 758 on Android 5.1.1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 31 11:46:04 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 07:40:35PM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:

> This version fixes my issue of consistent crashes when opening ths
> quarry dives.

Can you show a screen shot of one of the dives that crash with 758 but
don't crash with 763?

Or even better, could you (on the desktop) export one of those dives as
XML and send that to the list? I wonder if there's something about the
data in those dives that causes things to go BOOM.

> Oddly, the edit button is now non-functional, rather than randomly
> functional.

I guess consistency and deterministic behavior is an improvement. It makes
it much more likely that we can debug and fix this.

Do you have the ability to see the logcat of your phone?
Switch the phone into USB debug mode, connect to laptop, run "adb logcat"?