No-fly in Subsurface?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jul 24 16:44:57 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 4:33 PM, John Van Ostrand <john at vanostrand.com> wrote:

> So rather than calculate the deco stop at 0 ft for a safe ascent to 8000 ft,
> maybe it should do a desaturation to an arbitrary percentage, like 1.5%
> above ambient at 0 ft. Isn't 6 half-times considered desaturated?

That might be a useful thing to do regardless of no-fly times. And
yes, many dive computers seem to consider the two things the same
(sometimes with a "no-fly is desat time with a minimum 24-hour")

I'm not sure what the cut-off for "desaturated" is really considered
to be, considering that I've seen some wild variation in desat times
too.

                     Linus