quick update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jul 31 09:43:40 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 04:37:19PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I think this is awesome, as the information sign wasn't really useful to
> understand with a quick look what was going on.

It's still not very fine-grained (certainly not for anything using a
standard libdivecomputer backend), but if more of the backends were to use
the idea, this does provide additional value. You immediately see the
things that are important (they are red). You can then look at the
warnings and you can usually ignore the info markers (for example, on the
EON Steel you get those when the dive computer decides that you need to do
a safety stop, or that you need to do a deep stop, or even simple things
like "you're under water now, you're on the surface now". I've only used
this for a few days and I really like it.

But again, without support in more backends it is somewhat pointless
except for the owners of an EON Steel or a Uemis SDA. What an odd
coincidence that Linus is currently diving with an EON Steel on the left
wrist and a Uemis on his right wrist... I, on the other hand, appear to
have misplaced the tank pressure sensor for my Uemis :-(