Decompression model comparison finds 15 to 102 minutes "time to surface"

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Jun 1 22:16:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

> Am 02.06.2016 um 00:38 schrieb Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de>:
>
> This second part has been published by now, see
> http://gtuem.praesentiert-ihnen.de/caisson_3-2015.pdf <http://gtuem.praesentiert-ihnen.de/caisson_3-2015.pdf>
> starting at page 6.
>
> The different time-to-surface values computed by different software/computers
> for the same dive using Heliox 80/20 vary from 41 to 528 minutes!

I am not sure I totally agree with the methodology of that article (in particular using unrealistic parameters like the choice of gases and GF 100/100 to exaggerate the differences between the implementations) but I am glad that subsurface lands well in the middle of the realistic implementations.

Best
Robert