entering cloud PIN in Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 13 22:12:11 PDT 2016

> On Jun 13, 2016, at 9:02 PM, martin at reef-it.nl wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I did some quick testing and found a few (minor) glitches.
>
> - there is no log off option, so I just entered a new email address, that did work. It is not clear to do so from a user point of view.

Yes, there is no "invalidate this email" option because that would also delete the user's data.
I think the text needs to be adjusted to explain that the user can create an account as well.

> - it is not possible to paste the pin, I think this would be a nice option.

Unfortunately it seems that all of the Kirigami components have the problem that you can't paste text.

Sebastian - any insights into this limitation? Is this something that has a chance of getting fixed?

> - if you created a new account (thus no dives in the cloud), you cannot go to the dive list. Whenever you click on dive list, you are sent to the cloud login page. It is possible to add a dive manually though.

Yeah, I wonder about this. Would it be better to show an empty dive list? That does feel a little odd, too, but maybe it's better than staying on the credential page?

> Thank you for the continued work on this!

Time is hard to find. Having quit my old job and not jet started a new job helps - but real life has a bunch of challenges that still make things tight.