building master on a debian box

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 04:19:50 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
<cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> Some observations:
>
> CMake Error at /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:26 (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Positioning"
>   with any of the following names:
>
>     Qt5PositioningConfig.cmake
>     qt5positioning-config.cmake
>
> Qt5PositioningConfig.cmake is in package qtpositioning5-dev.
> Similar stuff with Qt5BluetoothConfig.cmake (in package
> qtconnectivity5-dev).
>
> File INSTALL needs to be updated.

These files are dependencies in Ubuntu, but apparently they are
packaged differently in Debian. qtconnectivity5-dev is already listed
in the INSTALL file, I'll add qtpositioning5-dev.

> Though, still no joy :(
>
> [ 69%] Linking CXX executable TestRenumber
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
> tests/CMakeFiles/TestRenumber.dir/build.make:140: recipe for target 'tests/TestRenumber' failed
> make[2]: *** [tests/TestRenumber] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1233: recipe for target 'tests/CMakeFiles/TestRenumber.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/TestRenumber.dir/all] Error 2
>
> [ 80%] Linking CXX static library libsubsurface_interface.a
> [ 90%] Built target subsurface_interface
> Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed

The tests have been broken for a while, but Subsurface is already be
compiled at that point. (set MAKE_TESTS to off on cmake configs will
disable building of tests)

> Also, libgit2-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev appear in the list of
> recommended packages.  libgit2-dev depends on libcurl4-gnutls-dev and
> installing libcurl4-openssl-dev will remove libgit2-dev.  OTOH,
> libgit2 seems to be built locally for subsurface.  What's the deal?

libgit2-dev is there for historical reasons from the time when we
tried to use distribution packaged version. I'll remove it from the
INSTALL file as nowadays, as you noticed, we use more recent version
from the sources. If I understood you correctly, this should suffice
for fixing this part?

> Installing libssl-dev seems to be the key to success ;)

I just sent a patch that should take care of these in the INSTALL
file. Thanks for letting us know what works on Debian.

miika