Subsurface mobile dc download

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jun 19 09:22:17 PDT 2016

> On Jun 19, 2016, at 9:02 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Dirk,
>
> I have (hopefully) a lot of free time the next two weeks. I think its make or break with the dc download issue. Only major issue now is to build .apk files for executing on an Android device, not the emulator. Anton suggested I read packaging/Android/build.sh
>
> Dependencies:
>
> 1. android_sdk, android_ndk and Qt5.5. See step 0.
> 2. cmake
> 3. ant
> 4. Java JDK
> 5. working adb is recommended
> 6. dependencies of libdivecomputer and subsurface -
>   visit http://subsurface.hohndel.org/documentation/building/
>
> Can I take these dependencies, the README file and the build.sh as definitive to cross-compile to arm?
> Any advice/comments?
> Taking the README, I will start tomorrow to install the sdk's  and JDK mentioned above, and work from there.
> But for me things never run smooth, so I am sure I will run into many problems and will ask several questions
> directed at yourself and Anton.

This SHOULD work. I don't think I do anything else. Except that I use Qt 5.6 (and I will play with Qt 5.7 tomorrow).
The trick is to have the right Qt installed, with the cross compiled bits for Android. And to make sure that the paths in the shell script are correct.

When you run into trouble PLEASE send the emails to the mailing list and not just to me because there are people much closer to you in time zone who have done this and who should be able to help