Cross-compiling Subsurface-mobile from Linux to Android

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jun 20 12:14:17 PDT 2016

I am downloading build components to cross-compile to Android (i.e.
generating an .apk file). I installed Android-ndk, Android-sdk (NOT
Android-Studio) and the JDK (version 1.8). None of these components
required any compilation or building to be functional. Below a few
remarks on the Android components.

1) Do these appear to make sense, i.e.  the correct files to use for
cross-compiling on Linux?

2) If I can run Subsurface-mobile on the Android emulator in Linux
(F23), does this mean I have the appropriate Qt for cross-compiling to
Android?

Android SDK:
Directory name: android-sdk-linux
Text:
The Android SDK archive initially contains only the basic SDK tools. It does
not contain an Android platform or any third-party libraries. In fact, it
doesn't even have all the tools you need to develop an application.

In order to start developing applications, you must install the
Platform-tools
and at least one version of the Android platform, using the SDK Manager.

Platform-tools contains build tools that are periodically updated to
support new
features in the Android platform (which is why they are separate from basic
SDK tools), including adb, dexdump, and others.
================================
Android NDK:
Directory name: android-ndk-r12
No description file
Includes bash file ndk-build

# File ndk-build.cmd   THIS LOOKS LIKE A WINDOWS BATCH FILE
@echo off
set NDK_ROOT=%~dp0\..
set PREBUILT_PATH=%NDK_ROOT%\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
if exist %PREBUILT_PATH% goto FOUND
set PREBUILT_PATH=%NDK_ROOT%\prebuilt\windows
:FOUND
"%PREBUILT_PATH%\bin\make.exe" -f "%NDK_ROOT%\build\core\build-local.mk"
SHELL=cmd %*