Cross-compiling Subsurface-mobile from Linux to Android

Axel Richter axel.richter68 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 12:52:15 PDT 2016

Am 20.06.2016 um 21:14 schrieb Willem Ferguson:

> I am downloading build components to cross-compile to
> Android (i.e. generating an .apk file). I installed
> Android-ndk, Android-sdk (NOT Android-Studio) and the JDK
> (version 1.8). None of these components required any
> compilation or building to be functional. Below a few
> remarks on the Android components.
>
> 1) Do these appear to make sense, i.e.  the correct files
> to use for cross-compiling on Linux?
>
> 2) If I can run Subsurface-mobile on the Android emulator
> in Linux (F23), does this mean I have the appropriate Qt
> for cross-compiling to Android?
>
> Android SDK:
> Directory name: android-sdk-linux
> Text:
> The Android SDK archive initially contains only the basic
> SDK tools. It does
> not contain an Android platform or any third-party
> libraries. In fact, it
> doesn't even have all the tools you need to develop an
> application.
>
> In order to start developing applications, you must
> install the Platform-tools
> and at least one version of the Android platform, using
> the SDK Manager.

Dear Willem,

yes, you will need such tools, especially for

1) yes, you will need all the libraries twice - one for the
(host) linux and one for the (arm7 in your case?) processor.

2) For this you will need the image, too. Downloable via the
SDK manager. If you get the android SDK, you will have an
image to run into ADB.

Private suggestion: download eclipse - with the android
part, I'm sure there is one. So you have all in one package.

Axel.

--
Axel Richter