Androind build -900

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Mar 1 08:45:04 PST 2016

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 8:37 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On Dienstag, 1. März 2016 07:35:16 CET Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I implemented Thomas' idea of a timed undo dialog for the delete
>> action. Please give it some testing. I tried all the scenarios I could
>> think of (including deleting the last dive in a trip and then undoing that
>> delete). The undo stack has depth ONE, so only the last delete can be
>> undone and only within 3 seconds of doing so - basically if you do
>> nothing, the app does what you told it to do; it deletes the dive. And the
>> UI isn't blocked by the option to undo, you can just keep going.
>>
>> I like this user interaction (great work, Thomas), but I want to make sure
>> I didn't miss anything in the way I implemented it.
>
> I'm glad that you like the interaction, and I'm also glad that it was
> technically feasible to implement it!
> I'm always happy when I can convince people to do undo instead of confirmation,
> knowing that confirmation is usually the easier thing to implement.

I'm very grateful for the contributions you, Marco and Sebastian have made to
Subsurface-mobile. Having a user interaction expert and then willfully ignoring
the input they provide seems like a really silly idea. So I figured I'd give it a try.
And (as before), after playing with it for a while I think you got it right. Which
reinforces my believe that we are very lucky to have you contribute.

Virtuous circle?

Thanks!