preliminar port to kirigami refactor

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:07:39 PST 2016

Hi all,
since I'm nearing to the end of the painful refactor of the kirigami components,
as a test bed I tried a port of the current subsurface master.
It's still using the components installed globally in the system, so
is not suitable for an android build yet, for that the script that
downloads the repo and the qrc definition should be updated.

the components are now in the repo
git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/mart/kirigami.git (in few days should be
moved to the final place)
the experiment of the Subsurface port is at
git at github.com:sebasje/subsurface.git branch kirigamiPort

it should work on a normal desktop build, after the repo is on its
final location, I can try to port the script, qrc and all.

It can be still very buggy, especially in the places where there has
been some little UI behavior change (needs a lot of test, especially
with usability guys)
Plus i don't know much some pages, or can't really test, like the gps
traces one, so some stuff may definitely be broken.

A good news is that now it doesn't badly explode anymore when used on
a recent Qt 5.6 branch :)

--
Marco Martin