last call for the Android release

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Mar 12 07:50:59 PST 2016

Well said, I'm really excited!

On Friday, March 11, 2016 22:57:48 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> This is the first release of a Kirigami based project that isn't part of
> Plasma - and I believe this will be the first Kirigami application in the
> Google Play store.

Even better: It's the first Kirigami-based application, full stop. :-)

The praise and thank yous go both ways, Kirigami, which is going to be an
important bit of Plasma, got a lot of testing from outside our own little
universe and as a result of that skyrocketed from its first lines written to
something stable and well-designed (especially for a first version) and cross
platform. I think together, we created something wonderful here that's going
to blur the lines between mobile platforms. Subsurface is in that sense, quite
exemplary for a large number of projects.

As a Plasma developer, I'm grateful for the willingness to experiment, for the
testing and feedback, for the open-mindedness for new approaches to the UI
concepts and the great constructive feedback we got and of course for all the
patches and debugging sweat and frustration invested into it.

As a subsurface developer and diver ... what Dirk said. :-)
--
subsurfbas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org