OSX Build problems

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Tue Mar 15 11:18:30 PDT 2016

On 2016-03-15 19:05, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 06:53:20PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>>
>>> But fact is... people are asking for a 4.5.4 release. Yet the total number
>>> of people who have tried the daily build that I did weeks ago (and yes, I
>>> forgot to do a Mac build) is... wait for it... FOUR.
>>
>> I picked up my Suunto EON Steel a full 10 days ago (selected based on
>> among others the ramblings of you and Linus) hence apologies for not
>> playing with this earlier... and as you know this time thing is limited,
>> hence did not have much time to play with it yet unfortunately.
>>
>> I'll be making this work though! I will just have a bit of a learning
>> curve with cmake/configure and other things that are not totally my
>> thing. But, as the project uses it, I'll overcome that.
>
> Ah. EON Steel. Make you have hidapi - otherwise the EON Steel won't work
> on Mac. And of course our branch of libdivecomputer (but the build script
> already gave you that).

Yep, got hidapi in my list and installed.

And indeed the build script is great for picking the correct other repos
it needs with the right branches.

>>> Here's the thing. I don't need Subsurface for Android or iOS. I don't even
>>> need it for Mac and most definitely not for Windows. Subsurface has done
>>> everything that I need from it for years.
>>
>> I'll raise my hand for being a OSX tester then. Though unfortunately I
>> only have the one DC at the moment, maybe that will expand over the
>> years, but I am only a nice weather diver and only barely starting out.
>
> I think you are building master right now (that's what build.sh does).
> It would be good once you have that working to also test v4.5-branch so
> that we can make sure that all that works well in 4.5.4

When I got this up and running (it will require some fidgeting) I'll
make sure that 4.5.4 branch builds too. Clean boxes are meant for that.

> [rest deleted as I think we figured out the miscommunication and I already
>  acknowledged my fault & apologized for getting angry at you]

:)

Greets,
 Jeroen