4.5.4 - OSTC Safety stop parameters

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 15 23:08:21 PDT 2016

> On Mar 15, 2016, at 10:55 PM, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net>
wrote:
> I have been testing the latest version and update firmware of my ostc3+
and it updated properly but noticed it is reporting as version 2.3 instead
of version 2.03, sorry I did not check to see if it was reporting correctly
before the update.

Hmm, odd.

> I have also never seen a message that my firmware is out of date when the
computer is connected, I thought that may have been a  feature but after
looking I did not see it in the manual, maybe I'm plain wrong or just
remember a discussion about it?

When you download from your OSTC dive computer it should tell you if the
firmware is outdated.
I wonder if the 2.03/2.3 confusion might, err... confuse things here.

/D

In that case it is probably my work flow that has stopped me from ever
seeing it.

I usually connect up the computer before doing any dives, usually because I
have had the battery out recharging and its lost some of its settings so I
connect it up and restore from an earlier backup, check the salinity setting
for what I am diving in and sync the date/time from the pc.

If there has been a firmware update I usually also apply it at that time.

Cheers,
Steve