what we learned from the iOS testers so far...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 25 09:59:08 PDT 2016

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 9:42 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Dirk,
>
>> On 25.03.2016, at 17:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>

>> Excellent. Not. So it seems that the desktop version is unhappy with Qt 5.6 because it requires webkit (but you can just turn of the manual and FB support for now).
>
> Great. And I just trashed 5.5. Do you understand if it is possible to have both versions in parallel installed (and how to select which one to take)? ATM I am trying to convince marble to build again. Is that assuming webkit as well?

I haven't even started to look into compiling the desktop app with 5.6 (and the dependencies). I'd rather doubt that this will be straight forward. I am considering dumping Marble, btw. Tomaz is experimenting with some code to show maps in a way that works on both desktop and mobile. We'll lose the pretty globe but if it makes things smaller and simpler, I think it's worth it.

And yes, you can totally have multiple versions of Qt at the same time and have Qt Creator configured to switch between them. I have ~/Qt5.4 ~/Qt5.5 and ~/Qt5.6.0 on my Mac. Each of those contain the official Qt Mac binaries. I don't think you can do that with Homebrew (but never looked into it).