Subsurface iOS beta testing - now much easier

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 25 17:28:15 PDT 2016

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On Freitag, 25. März 2016 20:14:44 CET John Smith wrote:
>> Slight annoyances are that the left and right bottom slides can be a little
>> difficult to catch properly. The right slide will often bring up the iPad
>> right hand slide - displaying the calendar.
>
> Interesting point for Kirigami.
> Any idea how we could reduce that problem? Exactly which area of the screen
> triggers the iPad right hand slide?

This doesn't appear to be the case on all iPads, but on my daughter's 7" iPad the whole right edge reacts to a swipe to bring up a menu, so that gesture doesn't work there. And yes, the handles are a little too small on the 7", but they seem fine on the other two iPads I have tested so far.
And while I hadn't noticed this on Android, the angle bracket / arrow in the handles seems rather coarsely rendered. Hard to explain. It just doesn't look smooth.