Subsurface iOS beta testing - now much easier

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Mar 26 14:51:30 PDT 2016

> On Mar 26, 2016, at 2:42 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <henrik.aronsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 25. mar. 2016 21.14 skrev "John Smith" <noseygit at hotmail.com <mailto:noseygit at hotmail.com>>:
> >
> > I tried this version with an iPad Air 2 wifi
>
> Same here.
>
> One thing I noticed: The app started and showed the cloud login form, but the keyboard was hidden.

That's actually an interesting idea. I think we can make it open the keyboard on its own... I'll have to check that.
> I opened it and entered my details. Now there was no save button: it was hidden behind the keyboard.

Yes, this is a known issue in the Kirigami controls that we use. Sebastian said this could be fixed with Qt 5.6 (which we are now using), but he's been extremely busy on the Plasma 5.6 release so he hasn't looked into it. I hope that now that 5.6 is out, he might find the time to work on that (hint-hint).
> Also, that button is too small,  I think.

Yes, there are several issues on iOS where the relative sizes of things aren't quite right.