Subsurface-mobile testing update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 30 11:29:32 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 01:14:30PM +0000, John Smith wrote:

> I'm trying the sac function. It doesn't seem to replicate the desktop colouring. With a set of values that would give an sac of 10 l/min I get a solid red line, but this is green on the desktop.
>
> The resultant sac value also doesn't update unless you close down and reopen.
>
> Other dives with an sac line already calculated in the desktop shows up the same though

Let's try to parse what exactly you are reporting...

- the coloring of the tank pressure line is RELATIVE, not absolute. So the
  color is relative to your average. I have seen the solid red happen and
  am puzzeld by it (but haven't investigated). In theory solid red should
  be impossible - clearly something gets cached incorrectly there - but if
  you don't have pressure samples and only start and end pressure, then
  Subsurface should create a constant SAC pressure curve that should all
  be colored as "exactly at the average" so a light green.

- what exactly are you doing where you expect the sac to change and it
  doesn't? And are you talking about the reported number or the coloring
  of the graph again?

- there is no sac line - there is a tank pressure graph that has the
  relative sac rate coloring - I assume that's what you talk about in your
  last point?

Sorry for being a stickler on these details, but I can't really fix things
if I don't understand precisely what you are seeing...